- Flirting with Disaster is the new album from lyricist/singer Lorraine Feather, whose 2010, 2012 and 2013 Jazzed Media releases were Grammy-nominated.
- The album was written with Feather's ongoing co-writers Russell Ferrante (of the group Yellowjackets), Shelly Berg, Eddie Arkin, and Dave Grusin; the songs are all new except for "Wait for It," which is a lyricized version of Grusin's popular 1980s composition "Bossa Baroque."
- Flirting with Disaster is Feather's first project to be made up entirely of romantic love songs.
"Zany observations, a conversational ease ... suggests Dave Frishberg in doublet-time, mixed with the antic playfulness of Jon Hendricks."
- Stephen Holden, The New York Times
"Stunning ... tricky inner rhymes, offbeat stories ... astonishing vocal dexterity."
- Don Heckman, The Los Angeles Times
"Lorraine Feather is easily one of the most creative lyricists of her generation."
- Ken Dryden, All Music Guide
Back to top